We proudly salute those who have served our country and would like to thank all veterans for their service! CareerSource North Central Florida supports our veterans and their families. We are dedicated to providing our veterans the highest quality of service.
Priority of Service
As a member of the CareerSource Florida network, we offer priority of service to our Veterans and eligible family members when referring individuals to job openings, USDOL funded training programs or related services in accordance with the Veterans’ Priority Provisions of the “Jobs for Veterans Act (PL 107-288), and Veterans’ Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006 (Pub. L. 109-461).
Who is a Veteran?
A Veteran is a person who served at least one day in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable, as specified in 38 U.S.C 101(2).
Active service includes full-time Federal service in the National Guard or a Reserve component. It does not include full-time duty performed strictly for training purposes, nor does it include full-time active duty performed by National Guard personnel who are mobilized by state rather than federal authorities.
Who is considered an eligible Veteran?
- Served on active duty for a period of more than 180 days and was discharged or released with a character of service other than dishonorable;
- Was discharged or released from active duty by reason of a sole survivorship discharge;
- Was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability; or
- Served as a member of a reserve component under an order to active duty, served on active duty during a period of war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge is authorized and was discharged or released from such duty with a character of service other than dishonorable.
Who is considered an eligible Spouse?
The spouse of:
- A veteran who died of a service‐connected disability.
- A member of the Armed Forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for the priority, is listed in one or more of the following categories and has been so listed for a total of more than 90 days:
- Missing in action;
- Captured in the line of duty by a hostile force;
- Forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power;
- A spouse of any veteran who has a total disability resulting from a service‐connected disability, as evaluated by the Department of Veterans Affairs; or
- A spouse of any veteran who died while a total, service-connected disability was in existence.
Interested in contacting us?
Fill out the form below and reach out to one of our team members.