This job encompasses assisting several positions within The Wagner Peyser Program. Daily duties depend on which position needs assistance that day. Job duties include:
Assisting staff in the Resource Room:
– Assisting jobseekers with fully registering in Employ Florida Marketplace – includes completing the resume building, background wizard, and skills assessment sections
– Assisting jobseekers complete online applications
Assisting staff with the Front Desk:
– Meet, greet, and direct jobseekers to the correct One-Stop resources
Assisting Customer Service staff:
– Responding to the Referral Pending Review request, as needed
– Reviewing jobseeker qualifications prior to staff referral to a position
– Performing follow-ups with customers to discover their needs
– Responding to inquiries from jobseekers
– Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Must be able to recognize and react to changing priorities and make timely and accurate judgement decisions
– Must effectively communicate with customers and other professionals and work independently of direct supervision.
-Must be proficient in applications, such as Microsoft Office and Employ Florida Marketplace, and demonstrated ability to work with multiple computer systems is required.
– Must have exceptional verbal, analytical and written communication skills.
– Must be adaptable, tactful, and able to work under pressure.
– Must demonstrate an understanding of the concept of “first impression” and the need for appropriate dress, attitude and concern associated with the position.