THURSDAY, MARCH 2 – 11 A.M. – 1 P.M.
GAINESVILLE CAREER CENTER – 10 NW SIXTH STREET
RSVP BY: FEBRUARY 24, 2017
Exclusive Event for STEM Ready Participants
STEM Ready Employers & Participants
Join CareerSource North Central Florida for a Reverse Job Fair on Thursday, March 2 where we flip the table on the traditional job fair.
Up to 100 current STEM Ready Participants will table at the event and pitch employers on how their experience as a STEM Ready participant has prepared them to work for employers looking to hire right now.
Meanwhile, employers and recruiters can leave the pop-up banners and fliers at home. That’s because we’re turning the tables so you can walk around and meet current STEM Ready Participants with real-world work experience.
Employers can ask STEM Ready Participants for a pitch, conduct interviews, and identify individuals who might be the perfect fit for open positions.
STEM Ready Participants: This is an exclusive event for STEM Ready Participants*, and space is limited.
Employers: All employers welcome, but our set of STEM Ready Participants is limited. RSVP today to ensure you get access.
*If you’re a jobseeker not currently enrolled in STEM Ready, learn how to apply here.
How to Prepare
STEM Ready Participants
Current STEM Ready Participants: You should be ready to pitch your skills, experiences, and the value you bring to a company at a hiring fair. We recommend you follow three steps:
- Update Your EFM Profile: Update your Employ Florida Marketplace (EFM) Profile
- Put Together A Plan: Work with a CareerSource NCFL staffing specialist to prepare your table with a project, profile, or portfolio that highlights your STEM Ready experience.
- Be Ready to Interview: Show up early and ready to interview! Doors open at 10am for setup. And don’t forget, dress for the job you want!
We recommend resumes, business cards, and put together physical or digital displays that recap a project you worked on during your STEM Ready experience.
- Table: STEM Ready Participants will set-up displays on one half of a six-foot table.
- Electricity: Bring a laptop or other digital display, and we’ll help get you hooked into power.
- One-on-One Assistance: If you need help getting a plan together, just ask. Our team is here to help.
- Early Access: STEM Ready Participants should arrive at the Gainesville career center by 10:30am to check-in with a staffing specialist and set up their display. You can check-in as early as 10am.
Need a hand gathering or purchasing supplies? Our career centers each have a Resource Room with computers, printers, copiers, and more, all at no cost to you, to help you prepare. Visit our contact page for hours and locations.
If we don’t have what you need, schedule an appointment with Valerise Dukes at our Gainesville career center. We may be able to purchase or secure supplies for eligible participants. Remember, your success is our success.
Our goal is to help ensure employers can quickly and efficiently identify the right talent to fill their positions.
- Register Openings on Employ Florida Marketplace (EFM): Help jobseekers research and prepare for your open positions by listing your open positions on EmployFlorida.com. Need help? Contact your Business Services team for hands-on guidance.
- Set a Goal: We’re encouraging our candidates to be ready to interview and pitch. When talking with candidates, tell them exactly what you’re looking for, when you need someone, and what you need from a candidate.
- Be Ready to Hire: While you’re never required to hire anyone, we hope you will find the perfect fit for your positions. If you think it’s a good fit, let our candidates know and communicate the next steps on hiring.