Join CareerSource North Central Florida in celebrating the regional Startup Quest™ teams as they reveal which technologies they’ve selected and pitch their business plans to a panel of investor judges!
CareerSource North Central Florida will host the Investor Pitch and Awards Presentation on Tuesday, June 3 at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, 1714 S.W. 34th St. Pitches begin at 2:30 p.m. with the awards presentation and networking reception starting at 5:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. Click here to pre-register.
Startup Quest™ is a nationally-recognized workforce development model that grows self-employment through entrepreneurship, shifting the mindset from “find a job” to “create my job.” This innovative 10-week, hands-on program pairs technological innovations developed at public universities, federal laboratories and NASA with highly successful entrepreneur mentors who help qualified professional participants learn how new inventions and technologies are brought to market.
During the 10-week Startup Quest™ training program, participants formed teams led by entrepreneurs/mentors, created simulated companies and developed business plans based on real technologies.
Teams will be drawn in random order to present to the judges’ panel. Startup Quest™ judges are carefully chosen for their ability to judge business plans and proposed business ventures. This year’s judges include leaders in the business community:
- Eric Buffkin – Co-Founder, President & COO, eTect, Inc.; Founder and CEO, Pelagic Group, LLC
- Weaver H. Gaines – President & CEO, OBMedical Company; Chairman of the Board, Nanotherapeutics
- Dr. David Greenspan – President, Spinode Consulting; Consultant, Synogen Consulting
- Randy Scott – Partner, HealthQuest Capital
- Dr. Maulik Shah – Medical Director, GuidePoint Life Sciences; Co Founder, Insight Genetics
- Sue Washer – President and CEO, AGTC; Director, SEBIO; Director, BoFlorida
Startup Quest™ strengthens communities by creating new pathways for citizens’ employment, giving highly educated participants the tools and training they need to create new businesses and stimulate job creation.