Careersource NCFL Hosts The Advanced Manufacturing And Logistics Fair
Join CareerSource NCFL for the Manufacturing, Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics Job Fair! Employers and job seekers will have the opportunity to network and make connections. Multiple positions for manufacturing, advanced manufacturing and logistics jobs will be available with many different companies.
The job fair will be held on Wednesday, October 23rd, from 10 AM – 1 PM at the CareerSource NCFL Gainesville Career Center.
To apply for available positions, register or login to employflorida.com. Complete the online application and attend the recruitment event.
Careersource NCFL Hosts Huntington Learning Center Event
Huntington Learning Center is hiring for multiple openings for:
- Assistant Director (Job #11061554)
- Learning Center Teacher (Job #11061577)
- Exam Prep Teachers (Job #11061598)
The recruitment event will be held on Wednesday, October 23, from 2 – 5 PM at the CareerSource NCFL Gainesville Career Center.
To apply for available positions, register or login to employflorida.com and search for the desired job number. Complete the online application and attend the recruitment event.
Careersource NCFL Gainesville Career Center Hosts Federal Bonding Workshop
Are you an ex-offender facing difficulties securing employment?
The Federal Bonding Program assists at-risk or hard-to-place job seekers in securing employment by providing employers a free fidelity bond on their behalf. Without this bond, the job seeker’s inability to become bonded by an insurance company decreases the chances of obtaining a job.
What Type of Backgrounds Make a Job Seeker At-Risk or Hard-To-Place?
- Recovering substance abusers (alcohol or drugs)
- Welfare recipients and persons who have poor financial credit or have declared bankruptcy
- Economically disadvantaged youth and adults who lack a work history
- Individuals dishonorably discharged from the military
- Anyone who cannot secure employment without bonding services
CareerSource North Central Florida is hosting a workshop every Monday at 2 PM to share information about our upcoming Federal Bonding session. Eligible participants can attend at no cost at CareerSource North Central Florida, located on 10 NW 6th Street, Gainesville FL 32601.
Need help preparing for the workshop? Contact CSNCFL Gainesville Career Center today at 352-955-2245!
Future Of Florida Forum
Join the Florida Chamber of Commerce Foundation for the 2019 Future of Florida Forum. This exciting event will discuss the challenges and opportunities that will impact Florida from now until 2030. Florida’s top business leaders, industry experts, and elected officials will be there and so should you!
The event starts on Monday, October 28, 2019, and ends on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. To register or for more information visit the Florida Chamber’s website.
CareerSource NCFL is dedicated to partnering businesses with qualified talent and offering training to people who want to build their resumes. We are proud to see CSNCFL participants succeed.
Featured Success Story: Candy Ganyo
After successfully completing CareerSource NCFL’s “Startup Quest Boot Camp,” Candy heard about “Own Your Future.” Instantly recognizing the value in becoming a better entrepreneur, Candy decided to sign up. “Own Your Future” is an intensive 2-week training course that highlights the basic concepts of starting a business, setting goals, and managing with little to no resources. Candy really appreciated her experience in both courses, saying, “It’s an awesome class. I would highly recommend it!” Check out the video to hear more about her experience!
Did You Know?
- CSNCFL can help your business use the program Florida Ready to Work. This gives participating employers a competitive edge by reducing employee turnover and training costs, saving you time and money in the hiring process.
- We update our Hot Jobs board weekly to make sure that job seekers have the newest and hottest jobs on their radar.
Workshops At CareerSource NCFL
CareerSource NCFL hosts workshops to benefit job seekers and employed professionals who desire to enhance their knowledge and skills. Held on a rotating weekly basis, the workshops are available at no charge.
Whether you attend for your own professional development or send your employees, all are welcome! Mark your calendar for the next one.
Gainesville Career Center Schedule:
- Bonding Program Workshop (2 PM)
- EmployFlorida Workshop (1 PM); Get Prep’d: Remaining Focused on the Job (3 PM)
- Get Prep’d: Dependability (9 AM); Resume Writing (1:30 PM); Get Prep’d: Effective Problem Solving Workshop (3 PM)
- Get Prep’d: Taking Initiative (10:30 AM); Interviewing Skills (1:30 PM); Get Prep’d: Communication Skills (3 PM)
- Money Management (9 AM); Social Media (11 AM)
Starke Career Center Schedule:
- Resume Writing (1:30 PM); Get Prep’d: Effective Problem Solving (3 PM)
- Get Prep’d: Dependability (10 AM); Get Prep’d: Remaining Focused on the Job (3 PM)
- Employ Florida (3 PM)
- Interviewing Skills (1:30 PM); Get Prep’d: Communication Skills (3 PM)
- Get Prep’d: Taking Initiative (10:30 PM)
Searching for a job this month? Check out our list of the latest local Hot Jobs a job board with positions that need to be filled by community employers ASAP.
The list is updated weekly and includes varying industries. Apply for open positions by visiting employflorida.com.
ABOUT CAREERSOURCE NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA
CareerSource North Central Florida is a leading public workforce development agency serving Alachua and Bradford counties in North Central Florida. Led by a board of directors comprised of local professionals and business executives, CareerSource NCFL recruits, develops, and expands a competitive talent base supporting better jobs, higher wages, and a thriving business community. Their team of dedicated, full-time business services experts provides employers access to the training and resources they need to grow their employees and business while eliminating barriers for workers to meaningful employment across the region. More information is available at www.careersourcencfl.com.
CareerSource North Central Florida is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment via the Florida Relay Service at 711. Programs funded by CareerSource NCFL as a grantee of the U.S. Department of Labor. CareerSource North Central Florida is a proud partner of the American Job Center network. This project is supported by the Employment and Training Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor as part of an award totaling $63,000 with 0% financed from non-governmental sources.