If you are long-term unemployed or underemployed and interested in a career in one of the many STEM industries, STEM Ready may be right for you! STEM Ready participants receive:
- Up to 12 weeks of paid internship at competitive wages
- Training, degree completion or certification paths available
- SPARK: STEM Prep and Readiness Kickoff (SPARK) short-term training
- Assessments, soft-skills training, work readiness certification
- Mentorship and direct coaching from business leaders in STEM industries
STEM Ready provides short- and long-term classroom training, online training, degree completion (two years or less), industry-recognized certifications and up to 12 weeks of paid internships at designated employer work sites. STEM Ready introduces long-term unemployed job seekers to career pathways through mentorship by business leaders operating in STEM occupations. STEM Ready also provides individualized services such as assessments, paid work activities, job placement assistance and training plans.
Although there is no obligation to hire STEM Ready trainees once the training period has ended, we hope you are the right fit for the business sponsoring your internship.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Males born on or after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selective Service
- Unemployed or underemployed (defined below)
- Must meet one of the following two criteria:
- Unemployed for 27 consecutive weeks or more; or
- Are underemployed individuals who lost their job after December 1, 2007 and have obtained only episodic, short-term, or part-time employment for a period of 27 consecutive weeks but have not yet reconnected with a full-time job commensurate with that individual’s level of education, skills, and previous wage or salary earned prior to the individual’s loss of permanent employment.
If you meet the above eligibility, download and complete the STEM Ready Participant Application. Email your signed and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment is on-going until positions are filled. Enter your email address to receive updates on STEM Ready.
Step 1: Register on and upload your current resume to www.employflorida.com.
Step 2: Submit the STEM Ready Application for Program Participation to email@example.com.
Step 3: A CareerSource North Central Florida representative will contact you for an appointment.
In preparation for the appointment, please collect the following documents:
- A completed STEM Ready Program Application Packet
- A copy of your most current resume
- Copy of your Florida Driver’s License, Identification, or Passport
- Copy of your signed Social Security card
- Proof of Veteran’s Preference, if applicable (e.g. DD-214)
- Proof of unemployment status, if applicable (Reemployment Assistance documentation)
- Proof of underemployment status, if applicable (current pay stub)
Step 4: If deemed eligible for a STEM Ready Internship, you will receive a STEM Ready Certificate of Eligibility from your CareerSource North Central Florida representative. You may NOT begin your internship without this.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.