What are Youth Services?
Whether you’re a 16-24 year old looking for a GED or high school diploma, help getting into post-secondary education, or the opportunity to go straight to work, CareerSource North Central Florida offers young adults the resources they need to create a successful career pathway.
Our team of dedicated specialists works directly with you as a participant to set goals, create a plan, secure resources, and empowers you with the opportunity to gain additional training, credentials, or paid work experience and move towards a career. All of our resources are provided at no-cost to participants. Together, we will focus on:
Employability skills development – Learn how to write a resume, fill out job applications and improve interviewing skills.
Paid and unpaid work experience – Gain employability and technical skills on the job. Gain experience and valuable references to build your resume and prepare for the future. Eligible young adults may qualify for up to 12 weeks of on-the-job training in their chosen field with a local business.
Improve educational achievement – We can assist with basic skills remediation and instruction to help complete your high school diploma, GED, industry certificate, or college degree.
Personal Career Counseling – Career coaches dedicated to facilitating the young adult’s journey to positive outcomes and life changes.
Work Readiness Training – Workshops and skills development designed specifically for young adults with limited-to-no previous work experience.
Occupational Credentialing – Supports a career path for young adults entering the workforce.
Job Corps – No-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps older youth and young adults ages 16 through 24 improve the quality of their lives through vocational and academic training.
To achieve this, CareerSource North Central Florida provides a complete suite of services to eligible youth participants, all at no cost. These include:
- Tutoring, study skills training, dropout prevention strategies
- Alternative secondary school offerings
- Paid & unpaid work experience linked to academic and occupational learning
- Paid and unpaid work experiences,including internships and job shadowing
- Occupational skill training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive services
- Follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Labor market information on high-demand careers
- Activities to prepare for post-secondary education and training
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for CareerSource North Central Florida Youth Services, applicants must be:
- U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Between the ages of 16 – 24
- Males 18+ years of age must be registered for Selective Service
- Not currently attending any school
- Have one or more of the following barriers:
- A school dropout
- A high school graduate, or equivalent, who is low income and is either basic skills deficient or is an English language learner
- Homeless, runaway, or foster child
- Pregnant or parenting
- An offender
- An individual with a disability
- A low income individual who requires additional assistance to complete an educational program, or to secure and hold employment.
To learn more, please complete the forms below and staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
CLICK HERE to view and listen to the WIOA Youth Presentation.
Be sure to bring the following to your meeting with your career developer:
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Photo ID