The Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce/FloridaWorks Business Services Team invites local employers to a focus group to learn more about the FloridaWorks Youth Internship program and its added benefits your business and to developing our community’s workforce.
The focus for the Spring 2012 internships is customer service. Twenty motivated students are seeking work sites, in which to apply their knowledge and develop their skills. FloridaWorks is looking for employers to partner with to help grow our future workforce.
The focus group will take place on February 23, 2012 from 10am-12pm at the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce board room, 300 E. University Ave. Suite 100, Gainesville, FL 32601. Click here to RSVP.
The purpose of this focus group is to create awareness of the FloridaWorks Youth program, acquire feedback from local employers for program improvement, identify prospective work sites – an integral function of the program, and build community-wide support. The GACC/FloridaWorks Business Services Team will also briefly discuss other resources available to employers.
The benefits of the FloridaWorks Youth Internship program include, but are not limited to:
- subsidized student’s salary and Worker’s Compensation,
- access to trained youth with excellent employability and occupational skills,
- access to talent assessed and prescreened for each organization,
- access to many technologically trained and entrepreneurially-minded students, and
- an opportunity to cultivate your employee base.
Click here to RSVP. For more information, contact Shareen Baptiste, Administrative Assistant/Communications Manager, at 352.244.7105 ext.302.