Opportunity Starts Here
Are you a parent looking to transition into a high-tech career? If so, Opportunity Quest may be right for you.
Opportunity Quest combines the training and job-matching expertise of CareerSource NCFL with childcare resources to help busy parents with young children.
As an Opportunity Quest participant, parents gain the training and experience they need to grow into an Information Technology (IT) career and ultimately grow their employability and earnings.
Opportunity Quest connects eligible parents with the chance to:
Train for the Future
Gain industry-recognized certificates and credentials to help you transition into the IT industry.
Gain real-world experience under the guidance of local employers with competitive wages set by employers that match industry standards. According to an independent study, participants in one of our training programs increased their annual earnings by nearly $10,000.
Access Safe, Credible, and Secure Childcare Resources
We work with vetted, secure childcare experts across Alachua and Bradford counties to ensure your loved ones are under the care of experts that meet stringent local, state, and federal criteria.
Am I eligible?
Our team works with applicants on a one-on-one basis to assess each applicant’s needs. To qualify for Opportunity Quest, applicants need to be at a minimum:
- U.S. Citizen (or authorized to work in the U.S.) who is 18 years of age or older. Males must be registered for selective service
- Custodial parent or legal guardian of a child under age 13 years or younger
- Custodial parent or legal guardian of a dependent child over the age of 13 who has a disability
- Limited education (e.g. lacks college degree) and/or work history
How do I apply?
Contact us to schedule an appointment. A member of the CareerSource NCFL team will talk through your goals, confirm your documentation, and determine if you are eligible to participate.
Prior to your appointment, please review the General Eligibility Documentation. You will need to provide one document from each category.
- A completed program application
- A copy of your most current resume
- Copy of your Florida Driver’s License, Identification, or Passport
- Copy of your signed Social Security card
- Proof of Veteran’s Preference, if applicable (e.g. DD-214)
- Proof of unemployment status (e.g. Reemployment Assistance)
- Proof of dependents (e.g. birth certificate of child)
Are a partner, business, or worker looking for updates on Opportunity Quest? Sign up here to receive updates straight to your inbox.