Businesses can become STEM Ready employer work sites with all training costs covered by CareerSource North Central Florida. STEM Ready provides short- and long-term classroom training, online training, degree completion (two years or less) and up to 12 weeks of paid internships at designated employer work sites.
What’s in it for my business?
- Up to 12 weeks of training costs covered by CareerSource NCFL
- Access to skilled, qualified interns
- Pre-screened applicants and 100+ additional skills assessments available
- Employer provides job description and sets wage rate
- Tuition for employer-created or industry recognized training leading to certificates or degrees for trainees also available
- Employers can use the training period as a trial work experience for potential new hires
Employers in the targeted industries are encouraged to work cooperatively to develop customized training from regional educational institutions to meet the needs of the regional economy. Although we hope your trainee is the right fit for your organization, there is no obligation to hire STEM Ready trainees after the internship or paid work experience has ended.
How can my business participate?
Eligible industries and occupations include any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) -related field. While it is not required for the company to be focused in a STEM field, the occupation must be related to STEM. For example, an internship in an IT department for a consumer product startup would qualify.
Workers who are already working with your organization are not eligible for paid work activities.
Employers will work with CareerSource North Central Florida to provide:
- A planned and structured learning experience in a workplace for up to 12 weeks
- A monitored or supervised work experience where the trainee has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what is learned throughout the experience
- Specific occupational learning goals which can include: academic learning, career development, and skill development